Watering Forklift Batteries
- Over & Under-watering Batteries Does Matter
Watering forklift batteries is a necessary part of using a lead acid battery, this is due to evaporation. Here are a few things to remember, and some examples of cause and effect to the forklift battery caused by improper handling. If you need assistance please contact us.Best Practices
• Always add water after charge
• Use distilled or approved tap water
• Install a battery water monitor
• Use Preventative Maintenance for peace of mind
Example of damage to a forklift battery from overwatering.
Example of overwatering damage.
Example of what under-watering a forklift battery will do.
Example of improper forklift battery care.